Today we woke up and went to breakfast early! We worked on memorizing Bible verses in Spanish for a while and then went to "the warehouse" where we made about 150 bags of food to give to people in need ( I think we are distributing them tomorrow). Lunch was fantastic! We had sliced steak, sauteed vegetables, chirmol (Guatemalan salsa that isn't spicy), rice, and TORTILLAS de maiz! (corn tortillas) They also make this fresh lemonade that is really good! We worked on our dramas and skits after lunch. I play the "dancing devil" in a skit that is known as the "everything" skit in the US. (Go here if you want to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA) (We don't do it to that song, but it's the same movements at stuff.)
We went to the village about a mile away after practicing our skits to tell people door-to-door about a medical clinic, Vacation Bible School, and youth activities we will have every week during this month we are in Llano Verde.
Dinne was next and we had Lasagna! (Yay for cheese and gluten!!!) (I'm still training the ladies that cook ;) It is VERY humid here!!! When you walk outside, you don't stop sweating all day. It's great! I don't have to use chapstick here! I can't believe how humid it is. My teammates are all really nice and fun to be around. When I was meeting them all, they would say "We were told this kid from Oklahoma was coming with us, is that you? What made you even think about coming with us?" It's been great!
Well, I don't think I'm very good at this blogging thing. Basically I am just telling you everything we did! I hope it's not boring. Let me know what I can do better ;) I am going to sleep now. Tomorrow is a BIG day we've been told...We're going to villages on the mountain to evangelize. I'll get to practice my Spanish a lot!
I made it, Mom! ;)
Buenas noches a todos! (Good night to all!)
Ahh no one to scare me for 2 months - you would not believe the relief I'm feeling! Praying for you. - Kay
ReplyDeleteDev, you're a natural blogger ;). Felt like I was there with ya! Sweat and all lol. Maybe add a little summary at the end telling us what we can pray for specifically? And have you figured out if you can post pictures or not? Have you been made fun of because of your OK accent yet?? ;)
ReplyDeleteIt's your luck they'd make lasagna in Guatemala lol! Hopefully that doesn't happen too much.. I know you want your authentic tortillas :).
Goodness- so excited for you and the weeks to come!
Au revoir mon ami! (Bye friend!)
-Bep
It's great to hear an update! I'm so excited for you! Thanks for including me in your blog group! I'll be praying!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear what you've been up to the last three days! I miss you and hope your having a blast!
ReplyDeleteScott and I are thinking of you and praying for you, Devin! Thanks for keeping us updated on all God is doing!!!
ReplyDeleteThank all of you guys!! I miss you all!
ReplyDelete